A word from AAI director, Dr. Neal Kingston
AAI’s mission is accomplished by:
- Partnering with local, state, national, and global communities to apply scholarship to implement programs with direct public impact.
- Developing and publishing generalizable knowledge that allows leveraging of the solutions developed so the success of the first part of our mission is magnified.
- Providing faculty with the support and encouragement they need to generate resources for research and development in support of enhanced achievement of individuals and organizations.
- Providing students with work experience vital to their professional development.
AAI was established in 2012 through the merger of the Center for Educational Testing and Evaluation and the Institute for Educational Research and Public Services. Both organizations set the Institute’s foundation to successfully build partnerships and programs that support the achievement of children adults, and publicly funded agencies. In 2013, AAI was recognized by KU’s Office of Research and Graduate Studies as a designated university institute.
AAI Administrative Staff
- Neal Kingston, Director
- Georgianna Correll, Associate Director for Finance and Administration
- Kim Glass, Financial Analyst Intermediate
- Tara Campbell, Executive Associate
- Chance Dibben, Communications Coordinator
- Katy Spencer, Administration and Relations Manager
- Ashly Basgall, Grant Officer
- Nhan Nguyen, Grant Coordinator
- Patti Anderson, Financial Analyst
Commitment to Equity
At the heart of our mission, AAI is dedicated to improving the lives of people in the many communities we serve. To this end we commit to addressing the structural and systemic inequities that prevent marginalized populations from thriving. We strive to create a safe workplace where there is no tolerance for discrimination and harassment. We stand with Black Lives Matter, Indigenous Peoples, the LGBTQIA+ community, people with disabilities, and all individuals who are marginalized or oppressed. We join the movement to make KU and the world around us a better place.